Coming together to help our local community...
How #SWA2 Is Helping The Next Generation Of Fans
The 2016-17 season has again seen the #SWA2 ticket initiative in place at Tranmere Rovers which has enabled thousands of local people to come and watch live football at Prenton Park who wouldn't have otherwise been able to, and helping to build the next generation of Tranmere Rovers supporters.
Thousands of people have been able to enjoy live football here at Tranmere Rovers, whilst we have also ran a number of successful events around Christmas which enabled us to allow some children to meet Father Christmas for the first time, homeless people to have a proper hot meal and isolated people come together and enjoy a Christmas lunch and party on December 25. We also held events at Easter with kind donations of Easter Eggs allowing us to run an Easter party for local under-privileged children.
The #SWA2 initiative also won an award at the 2016 mbna Northwest Football Awards for Best Club Sponsorship & Fan Engagement Campaign, which is something we are incredibly proud of. None of these could have been achieved without the tremendous generosity of Tranmere Rovers supporters, coming together to help our local community and put smiles on people's faces who are experiencing difficult times.
Your help and support really does make a difference, so from everyone at Tranmere Rovers Football Club, we extend a huge thank you to everybody who has contributed to the #SWA2 campaign this season, whether it be a financial donation or giving up your time to volunteer at one of the events we staged. #SWA2 is an ongoing initiative at the Club, and so we will be continuing to help local people during the 2017-18 season.
When renewing or buying your season card for the 2017-18 season, you will be asked if you would like to make a donation to #SWA2. If you can, please do as it really makes a big difference to the people we are helping as part of this scheme.
You can also donate online, or in person at the Tranmere Rovers Club Store at Prenton Park. We are able to claim Gift Aid, so for every £1 #SWA2 receives, an additional 25p can be added to the fund.
The Latest News...
- The 2016-17 season has again seen the #SWA2 ticket initiative in place at Tranmere Rovers which has enabled thousands of local people to come and watch live football at Prenton Park who wouldn’t have otherwise been able to, and helping […]
- Rovers supporting local community in need this Easter Tranmere Rovers are pleased to announce the launch of ‘Super White Easter’. Following from the success of our ‘Super White Christmas’ events, we have identified a need in the local community to […]
- The Super White Christmas Appeal 2016 was a huge success. A three year-old girl who attended the Christmas Day lunch with her family, who were struggling this Christmas, told us that she was told ‘Father Christmas couldn’t go to her […]
- 5p carrier bags will help the #SWA2 fund Please note that from February 1st 2017, the Official Tranmere Rovers Club Store will be charging 5p for every carrier bag. This brings the store in line with the nationwide initiative to […]
- Rovers pick up two awards at the 2016 mbna Northwest Football Awards Tranmere Rovers picked up two awards at last night’s mbna Northwest Football Awards 2016, hosted at the Emirates Old Trafford. Striker James Norwood was voted as the National […]
- Tranmere nominated for a number of Northwest Football Awards 2016 Tranmere Rovers have been nominated in a number of categories for the 2016 mbna Northwest Football Awards which take place this evening. The Club has been shortlisted for ‘Community Club […]
- Local school show their support to the #SWA2 initiative Calday Grange Grammar School have shown their support of the Club’s #SWA2 ticket initiative by staging a marathon football match. The school has a large number of football teams and the […]
- Fundraising sporting challenge for #SWA2 Communications Assistant Paul Harper will be running the Manchester Half Marathon on Sunday 16 October in support of the #SWA2 ticketing initiative. All the money donated to #SWA2 provides tickets to home games for under […]
- Squad contribution takes total raised past £10,000 The Tranmere Rovers first team squad has donated 100 season tickets to the Club’s #SWA2 fund for the 2016-17 season. The players have made the contribution for the second season in a row, […]