Coming together to help our local community...
How #SWA2 Is Helping The Next Generation Of Fans
The 2016/17 season proved a great success for our #SWA2 appeal with donations coming from the Tranmere Rovers Trust, Tranmere Rovers Official Supporters Club, club staff and players and, of course, our brilliant fans who donated and fundraised throughout the season.
This was recognised when the #SWA2 initiative won an award at the 2016 MBNA Northwest Football Awards for Best Club Sponsorship & Fan Engagement Campaign, a fantastic achievement for both the Club and our supporters.
Our #SWA2 initiative provides tickets to home games for disadvantaged people based on the Wirral. We are currently working with over 35 charities and community groups in the area and are always looking for more groups to work with. The 2016/17 season surpassed our expectations and we are delighted to say that we distributed over 10,000 match tickets around the community last season.
In addition, for the first time in 2016/17, we expanded the #SWA2 programme to include the Super White Christmas and Super White Easter initiatives, which made sure that local children were able to join in the celebrations through a series of events and gifts were distributed by the Club.
Mark Palios, Club Chairman said: “One of the most satisfying things I have seen since coming back to Tranmere is the way the club, the players and supporters have all come together to help some of the most disadvantaged people in our community feel included in what we do. Whether it is a disabled child attending a game, someone in care able to join their friends at the match, or a homeless person having a Christmas lunch and sharing in things most of us are lucky to take for granted. It is said that a society should be judged by how it looks after those who re in difficult circumstances and I am immensely proud of what Tranmere and its supporters do to help. I hope this coming season will see that continue.”
We want to develop the fund to help us reach more individuals, families and groups across the local area. Our aim for 2017-18 is to raise £10,000 with the Tranmere Rovers Supporters Trust donating a fantastic £1,000 to get this fund started. The Trust hope this total will be matched by fans in the coming weeks. Please contact email@example.com to find out more.
Tranmere Rovers staff are also kicking off the donations through payroll giving, and we have received over £600 from season card holders and donations through the Tranmere Rovers Club Shop. We are now launching the #SWA2 appeal for 2017/18 and hope to make an impact straight away at hitting our target.
To help achieve this, we are offering the first 10 supporters who pledge £100 or more an opportunity to attend Saturday’s home game as a Match Sponsor. As such, they will receive a three course meal, seats in the Directors’ Box, a player visit and a chance to pick Man of the Match.
To donate, please visit our fundraising site www.mydonate.bt.com/charities/tranmereroversinthecommunity or please email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to us about setting up a direct debit or #SWA2 becoming your charity of the year.
We would also love to hear the stories of your fundraising efforts and will publish these on the Tranmere Rovers website.
The Latest News...
- The 2016/17 season proved a great success for our #SWA2 appeal with donations coming from the Tranmere Rovers Trust, Tranmere Rovers Official Supporters Club, club staff and players and, of course, our brilliant fans who donated and fundraised throughout the […]
- The 2016-17 season has again seen the #SWA2 ticket initiative in place at Tranmere Rovers which has enabled thousands of local people to come and watch live football at Prenton Park who wouldn’t have otherwise been able to, and helping […]
- Rovers supporting local community in need this Easter Tranmere Rovers are pleased to announce the launch of ‘Super White Easter’. Following from the success of our ‘Super White Christmas’ events, we have identified a need in the local community to […]
- The Super White Christmas Appeal 2016 was a huge success. A three year-old girl who attended the Christmas Day lunch with her family, who were struggling this Christmas, told us that she was told ‘Father Christmas couldn’t go to her […]
- 5p carrier bags will help the #SWA2 fund Please note that from February 1st 2017, the Official Tranmere Rovers Club Store will be charging 5p for every carrier bag. This brings the store in line with the nationwide initiative to […]
- Rovers pick up two awards at the 2016 mbna Northwest Football Awards Tranmere Rovers picked up two awards at last night’s mbna Northwest Football Awards 2016, hosted at the Emirates Old Trafford. Striker James Norwood was voted as the National […]
- Tranmere nominated for a number of Northwest Football Awards 2016 Tranmere Rovers have been nominated in a number of categories for the 2016 mbna Northwest Football Awards which take place this evening. The Club has been shortlisted for ‘Community Club […]
- Local school show their support to the #SWA2 initiative Calday Grange Grammar School have shown their support of the Club’s #SWA2 ticket initiative by staging a marathon football match. The school has a large number of football teams and the […]
- Fundraising sporting challenge for #SWA2 Communications Assistant Paul Harper will be running the Manchester Half Marathon on Sunday 16 October in support of the #SWA2 ticketing initiative. All the money donated to #SWA2 provides tickets to home games for under […]
- Squad contribution takes total raised past £10,000 The Tranmere Rovers first team squad has donated 100 season tickets to the Club’s #SWA2 fund for the 2016-17 season. The players have made the contribution for the second season in a row, […]